Thursday, March 15, 2012

pretty, happy, funny, real

~ capturing the context of everyday life ~

{pretty}
We had some friends over for dinner recently.  In addition to a lovely bottle of wine, they brought this {pretty} plant.  I love it!  It also reminded me how wonderful it is to take small gifts to people when you can; I'm sure my friend thought this plant was no big deal, but I'm thrilled with it and it's been a great addition to my kitchen sink area.
Officially: oxalis.  In our house: shamrocks :)

{happy}
Last week I talked about a trip to my hometown for my Dad's 75th birthday - and I lamented that I forgot to take any pictures.  Well, my wonderful sister-in-law came to the rescue and so I have some of her pictures to share.

daughter #3 with her uncle (my baby brother) who also happens to be her godfather

daughter #2 with Grandma (my Mom)
As part of the birthday celebration, one of my brothers gathered photos from throughout my Dad's life - in addition to video segments from all of the family - and put it all together into a wonderful video.  So, before the party started, we gathered to watch the video with my Dad.
My Dad and Mom have been married 48 years.  They have 5 children, 2 sons-in-law, 3 daughters-in-law, and 12 grandchildren (and counting! another will be born in a few weeks)  This shows part of the gang watching the video.
Cousins hanging out toward the end of the party.
With my Dad at his party - It was great fun.  All manner of relatives, neighbors and old friends came to celebrate with my Dad, who has always been "a favorite" with those who know him.

{funny}

Cousins being silly.
That's daughter #2 in the middle, with my sister's son on the left and my brother's daughter on the right.

{real}
In many parts of the country, Spring has arrived.  I'm not sure we can say that yet... It is getting warmer, but we had a fairly big snow last week that melted into a muddy mess because of the warmer temperatures.  This will be our 3rd Spring here and we're learning that instead of "April showers bring May flowers" we get something more like "March and April snows bring mud."

Our driveway over the weekend.  It's much better now - the sun's been out all week!

Remember to visit LMLD for more {pretty, happy, funny, real}

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your father, and your daughter! The pictures of her at different ages in the previous post was a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a wonderful celebration!
    I have a shamrock in the kitchen window too. It takes some abuse from the boys but I love having something green and growing to look at (I'm hoping to get another this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing -- your parents have so much love around them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like a lovely visit to your parents. What wonderful memories for them, you and your children.

    ReplyDelete